After running during the OSRS GP poll Jagex definitely is apparently operating solo on this one. No third party firm would allow participants directly enter in their own contact information (because it would mean they would lose your business to their client [so not a nefarious thing]) and also the only area I found rather strange was that the telephone number request in the conclusion. I would have substituted that with a check box for recontacting and then pipe-in the email you could optionally have put in sooner for affirmation. I think you are fine answering this questionnaire when you have privacy concerns because essentially all information is anonymous and it's using an industry-standard system of Qualtrics. Jagex likely does not have market research ISO certifications but hey this is a fast yearly survey so they would not have to have any.
I hope this feedback encourages the team to make surveys more targeted to the viewers who knowingly participate in the content they're polling, or use them as an advisory tool instead of a judgment. It would be interesting if they reveal some of the outcomes of this survey. I answered the contrary, that polling is at the core of OSRS and they should stick with it strictly. For clarity, I answered that polling is in the core of OSRS. The survey system empowers the entire playerbase to start freeform conversation on the proposed changes/additions made to Runescape itself and it's absolutely a terrific way to collect feedback and people opinion on something. With that said, I really don't think the present format meets the best interests of Runescape.
I don't believe the player base is great at determining which content, based on objective merit, is good for integrity and the overall health of Runescape long term. Based on polling, NMZ was liked by the community but it was important to remove. Players don't vote for any changes which make things tougher for them but over time which becomes a drawback as content becomes simpler and achievements are diluted, these can very minor but readily add up.
Another example is PvP and PK changes that are voted against. People even voted against allowing pures wear lucky chaps. The only effect of the to normal accounts would have been to marginally increase the need and so improve profits from hint scrolls. This is not an illustration of polling fulfilling the interests of Runescape, it's only a meme of not enjoying pures. If we just see updates that match the same 75 percent of people every time the remaining 25% become increasingly marginalised, which is not a good equilibrium when those 75/25 are apparently so frequently the same individuals.
I mean thats how voting works irl. Not everyone will make sound choices while voting, or make the"right" alternative. If literally everyone left the most educated, most objective voting options. The United States wouldn't have the president it does. Nothing more, real world example of voting. Our voting system isn't perfect, but its all we have to make sure we do not wind up pushed down RS3 players. Our throats. There are unquestionably improves that could be made that do not undermine it though (that are not being done or attempted).
What will kill and ruin rs gold 2007 this game and its own integrity is this system's disregard which jagex is hoping to push as evident with this survey and has been doing. If jagex appeared as much as they state they do about it, then they would not have wording in surveys. Its a thing. You'd think it would get proof read or something.