What is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 in Lagos is an international standard that sets out the requirements for managing information security. The standard was initially circulated mutually by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in 2005 and then reviewed in 2013.
ISO 27001 is globally accepted for managing risks to the security of an organization’s information. It was established to help organizations, of any size or any nature of the organization, to protect their information systematically and cost-effectively, through the adoption of an effective Information Security Management System (ISMS).
ISMS provides a framework to efficiently manage information in any form, whether electronic or physical or cloud.
Why ISO in Lagos?
According to the latest revision of the UN World Urbanization Prospects, the population in the Lagos metropolitan area has a total population of 21.3 million, making it the largest city in Africa.
Although Lagos is still widely referred to as a city, the current Lagos, also known as "Metropolitan Lagos", and officially as "Lagos Metropolitan Area" is an urban mass. The city is a major financial center in Africa and is the economic hub of Nigeria with the fourth-highest GDP in Africa.
The economy in Lagos is developing into a 24-hour economy and the city has also been ranked as one of the most expensive cities in the world. Unsurprising, there is a lot of competition in the business field in Lagos. Any organization interested in standing out in the global market can vastly benefit by obtaining ISO Certification in Lagos.
Objectives of an information security system
Information security is the act of guarding information by getting rid of any information risks. There are three main objectives of an information security system:
- Confidentiality: data is accessible only by authorized personnel.
- Integrity: data is modifiable only by authorized personnel.
- Availability of data: data can be easily accessed by authorized personnel.
These three objectives are fulfilled to improve the business performance without affecting the efficiency of the organization.
Benefits of ISO 27001 Certification in Lagos
Organizations can reap numerous benefits by obtaining ISO 27001 Certification in Lagos. Some of them are:
- Reduce information risks within a company
- Processes and responsibilities are defined clearly
- Transparency in business operations
- Better employee job gratification
- Better customer satisfaction
- Continuous business improvement is encouraged
- Improve reputation and gain a competitive edge among competitors
- Better customer acquisition and retention
- Avoid hefty fines due to mismanagement of information
- Implementing ISO 27001 in Lagos and keeping it up to date gives you an outline of the complete status of the ISMS
Versions of ISO 27001 in Lagos
ISO 27001 is one of the most generic and popular ISO standards that is used all across the globe. There are two editions of this standard:
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005 – this is the first version that has been withdrawn.
- ISO/IEC 27001:2013- this is the present version first published in October 2013 and revised and confirmed in 2019. It intends to apply to all organizations, irrespective of their type, size, or nature of the operation.
Where to get ISO Certification in Lagos?
The International Organization of Standardization (ISO) only develops and distributes the international standards but it does not provide any kind of certification services. If you are interested in obtaining ISO Certification in Lagos, you will need assistance from a third-party certification body.
Protect your data now!
FINECERT is one such third-party body that can help an organization obtain ISO Certifications. We have a set of excellent ISO Consultants who can help your business get certified in your timeframe and at an affordable price. Our clear and transparent approach will ensure that you get the best service.
We aim to maintain a long and healthy relationship with our customers by providing continual support even after the entire certification process is completed.
To find out more about ISO in Nigeria, you can write to us or request a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website www.finecert.com to discover all the ISO certification and services we provide in many regions across the globe.