American Airlines Missed Flight Policy
Flight delays and cancellations are common and may cause a lot of problems at times. However, American Airlines claims to make your trips seamless by ensuring that every passenger boards the respective flights on time. Sometimes, flyers miss the flights due to traffic, reach the airport late, and fail to meet the security system. As a result, the team reschedules the flights and also offers you to rebook a ticket 15 minutes before departure. However, this depends on the availability of the next flight with proper space requirements.
Important Guidelines on American Airlines Missed Flight Policy
American Airlines makes every effort to board the passengers on the scheduled flights on time. But due to some reasons, if you miss your flight because of arriving late at the airport, do late check-in. You can request the team to book the next available flight for the next day.
Here are the following things that you must know about the American Airlines missed flight policy
- Flyers can rebook the missed flight at least 15 minutes before or after the scheduled flight departure. However, no-show policy guidelines shall apply if you rebook your tickets late.
- If you reach the airport on time, get the same new flight with no extra cost for missed flights.
- Suppose your flight is missed due to delay or cancellation by American Airlines; book the next available flight for free.
- On reaching the airport two hours late, get a new flight at no extra fee.
- One can check-in within 45 minutes before departure in case of American Airlines missed flight situation.
- The missed flight charges depend on the ticket type and time you requested for departure rebooking.
- The team will reroute your bags automatically when you do flight check-in for the new flight.
How to rebook an American Airlines missed flight online?
Passengers who have missed the scheduled flight can follow the simple step-by-step guide.
- First, you need to open the airline’s official site on your web browser.
- Log into your account and then hit the “Manage Booking” tab.
- Now go to the home screen and review the American Airlines missed flight.
- Enter your trip details and click on the “Search Flight” button.
- Choose the best flight from the available options for the upcoming trip.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Once you have booked the flight, download the boarding pass and e-ticket on your device.
- The page will redirect you to the payment page, make an online payment if asked to pay.
- Once your flight is rebooked, you will receive an official mail from the team.
However, if you face difficulty while rebooking a ticket online, feel free to contact the customer care executive. They will make you aware of the American Airlines missed flight policy and help you in rebooking the tickets.